What is Xanax used for?
Xanax is a drug from the Benzodiazepine group of drugs. The other name for Xanax is Alprazolam, which is also its generic form of the medicine. Xanax or Alprazolam works by affecting the chemicals in the brain that may have been disturbed in people suffering from anxiety.
Therefore, Xanax is a Benzodiazepine drug that helps treat anxiety disorders, panic disorders, and depression that is an outcome of anxiety. People may also take Xanax for reasons not mentioned here. You may refer to a medical professional to gain more knowledge of the drug and its related terms.
What do Green Xanax bars treat?
Green Xanax bars work the same as other forms of Xanax. This drug comes in many dosages and forms like – extended-release tablets and immediate-release tablets. It is advised to always take Xanax as per the prescription provided by the doctor.
The tablets available to treat anxiety come in all shapes and colors. For example- yellow Xanax bars are also used to manage the same symptoms as a simple Xanax pill. The only difference among all the tablets and forms of Xanax is the strength per dose contains, and at a time will they start effecting in the patient’s body. Therefore, it is advisable that before you purchase Xanax, take the prescription from a certified doctor, and then buy the drug from a licensed pharmacy.
Dosage for Green Xanax –
Before taking the drug, you must learn more about the drug and its usage. The dosage of the Green Xanax pill differs from person to person and the amount of tolerance that the person has for the drug. Green Xanax bar has the imprint S 90 3, and as the name says, the color of the tablet is green. It is a rectangular, Alprazolam, 2mg tablet. It is a prescription pill that shall only take as per the dose prescribed by the doctor.
What precautions should I take before taking Green Xanax bars?
Below are listed the precautions that you should take while using Green Xanax bars –
- Take the dose of Green Xanax bars as directed by the doctor or follow the details given in the prescription label.
- Taking prescription for the drug is very important as it helps avoid side effects that may also affect your internal organs.
- Do not chew crush or break a Xanax tablet. Take it as a whole, or else it may unpleasantly affect your system.
- If you are suffering from any chronic disease, you are strictly advised not to use Xanax due to the reason that it belongs to the Benzodiazepine family.
- Inform your doctor if you have been taking medicine for any other purpose or the same. Doctors should know about this so that he/she can provide with the best medication according to your health.
- You should not stop taking medicine suddenly. Get a consultation from your doctor and then do so as he says.
Side Effects of Green Xanax Bars
The common side effects of green Xanax bar include:
- Sleep problems
- Memory problems
- Poor coordination
- Slurred speech
- Trouble concentrating
- Nausea and vomiting
- Upset stomach
- Abdominal pain
- Appetite changes
- Excessive sweating in hands or feet
- Muscle weakness
- Dry mouth
- Stuffy nose
- Decreased sex drive
Green Xanax Drug Interactions
Green Xanax Bars shows interactions with the following drugs:
- CNS (Central Nervous System) depressants or anticonvulsant drugs
- Imipramine and Desipramine
- Inhibiting alprazolam metabolism via cytochrome P450 3A
- Oral contraceptives
- Inducers of CYP3A
Overdose of Green Xanax Bars
Acute overdose of green Xanax can be life-threatening. Manifestations of overdose include confusion, lethargy, reduced or impaired coordination, diminished reflexes, and coma. The severe overdose of green Xanax bars or consuming the medication with other benzodiazepines or CNS depressants can cause death. Taking green Xanax bars along with alcohol is also fatal.
Treatment of Overdose :
In case of overdose, monitor respiration, blood pressure, and pulse rate. Employ general life supporting measures, with immediate gastric lavage. Administer intravenous fluids and maintain a sufficient airway. Use vasopressors in case of hypotension. Immediate help from a health care provider is necessary. Take the overdosed patient to the hospital straight away.
Contraindications of Green Xanax Bars
Green Xanax bars contraindicated in patients with:
- Hypersensitivity to benzodiazepines
- Known sensitivity to any inactive ingredient of the drug
- Acute narrow-angle glaucoma
- Ketoconazole and itraconazole
- Alcohol intoxication
- Drug abuse
- Wide-angle or closed-angle glaucoma
- Decreased lung function
- Liver diseases
- Kidney disorder with a reduction in kidney function
- Sleep apnea
- Nursing mothers
Dependence and Withdrawal of Green Xanax Bars
Green Xanax Bars can cause physical dependence when used for a prolonged period or at higher doses. Take the medication as prescribed to avoid drug dependence. Dependence on green Xanax bars leads to addiction, abuse, and misuse. Doctors should carefully prescribe treatment of Xanax to patients with a history of substance abuse. Green Xanax bars can even cause dependence at the recommended dosage. Panic disorder patients are more likely to develop dependence as they take a daily dosage above 4mg of Alprazolam.
Physical dependence of green Xanax bars leads to withdrawal syndrome. The common signs and symptoms of Xanax withdrawal include:
- Abdominal cramps
The most severe symptoms of withdrawal are multiple seizures and status epileptics. To prevent the symptoms of Xanax withdrawal, never abruptly stop taking the medication. When a patient no longer needs the treatment, gradually decrease the doses while monitoring the patient for withdrawal symptoms. If the symptoms of withdrawal appear, increase the dosage to the previous dose and then start reducing more slowly.