Ativan 2mg is a prescription to treat anxiety symptoms, trouble sleeping (insomnia), and a type of severe seizure called epilepticus. It is a prescription tranquilizing medication. It may also be called a sedative-hypnotic or anxiolytic medicines. This medication belongs to a class of drugs called benzodiazepines. It is also given before any surgery to make patients sleep. Ativan comes in two forms one is Ativan tablets; another is Ativan solution for intravenous injection. Ativan is also available in a generic way called lorazepam. These generic form of this drug is often less expensive than the brand name of the drug. It may be possible, in some cases, generic form and brand name form of drugs may different types and strengths. You can buy Ativan 2mg online easily by showing your prescription.
The dosage of Ativan suggested by your doctor depends upon several factors. That includes-
- The severity and the type of condition for that you are using Ativan.
- What is your age?
- The form of Ativan that you take
What are your other medical conditions that you may have?
- Typically your doctor may start with a low dosage and adjust these dosages over time that is right for you. The health care professionals ultimately begin with the smallest dosage that provides the desired effect.
- The following recommended dosage information describes that commonly used. However, do not take any dosage of Ativan without consulting with your doctor; it may be harmful to you.
- The usual oral dosage of Ativan 2mg tablets is two mg to six mg per day. This can be divided and taken two or three times a day.
- If you are suffering from anxiety, then the usual dosage for you is one mg to three mg taken two or three times a day.
- The usual dosage for insomnia due to anxiety is two to four mg at bedtime.
- Particular dosage is considered for older adults, and people with certain physical conditions may need to start with a lower dosage. It can be one to two mg taken two or three times daily for anxiety or once at bedtime for insomnia.
What if I miss a Dose :
If you forget your scheduled dose, then take it as soon as you remember. If the next scheduled dose is almost near, then skip the missed dose to avoid overdosing.
You can Order Ativan Online with a proper prescription to use this medication.
Side-effects of Ativan:
- Relax and calm
- Lack of coordination
- Loss of interest or pleasure
- Aggressive, angry
- Black, tarry stools
- Muscle trembling, jerking, or stiffness
- Bleeding gums, dark urine
- Cough or hoarseness
- Convulsions, etc.
Do not mix Ativan with alcohol because alcohol itself contains some severe side-effects after mixing it with Ativan may increase the impact of the above side effects. The mixture of these two drugs may increase the risk of Ativan overdose not because the person takes much Ativan with alcohol but because dangerous side effects are more likely to occur when these two drugs are mixed together. One of the more significant issues found in alcoholism treatment is when individuals combine alcohol with other medicines to achieve a specific purpose or accidentally, overdose, or other physical or mental harm in the result takes place. Individuals do not understand that the mixture of alcohol and other medicine may cause a severe reaction in their bodies. Sometimes some unexpected reactions may occur.
- Take Ativan exactly as your doctor suggests you to take this medication. Follow all the directions indicated at your prescription label. Keep your drug away from children and store Ativan at dry and dark place.
- Since Ativan is taken as your body needed, it may not need to be on a dosing schedule. If you use this medication regularly and you forget to take a dose, then you can skip that dose and go for the next one. If there is much time gap available in the next dose, you can take your missed dose. Keep in mind that do not take double dose because an excess of Ativan in your body is harmful to your physical as well as mental strength.
- If you are using any other cold, allergy, pain, or sleep medication, then do not use Ativan.
- Do not drive a vehicle when you take Ativan; it may impair your thinking or reactions.
- Do not operate any kind of machinery until you are under the effect of Ativan. Doing this may feel you sleepy, dizziness, or severe drowsiness; it can cause an accident.
- It is a rare but severe side-effect of Ativan that sometimes Acetaminophen presented in it may cause a severe skin reaction that may be dangerous. If you feel any reaction by using this medicine immediately, stop using it, and go to your doctor to consult.
- Seek medical emergency if you feel agitation, hallucination, fever, sweating, shivering, fast heart rate, muscle stiffness, twitching, loss of coordination, nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea after taking Ativan.
- It may be possible that you may feel shallow breathing, slow heartbeat, confusion, loss of interest in sex, seizure, unusual thoughts, or behavior after taking Ativan 2mg . Call your doctor once to solve this type of symptom. Sometimes it may be fatal.